Benedict Cumberbatch, behind the scenes of STID // x
Is it bizarre that his fucking posture is turning me on?
I need this on my screen at all times so I can remember to SIT UP STRAIGHT GODDAMNIT
I hope Benedict got to keep ALL his outfits because that’s a work of art.
Excuse me but Into Darkness has been out for a week, why are there no posts talking about the fact that Cucumberpatch makes the face that suggests he’s going to steal christmas
I mean really
I HAVE BEEN SITTING HERE FOR A WEEK TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THAT STUPID FACE REMINDED ME OF AND THIS IS IT. THIS IS IT. THE FUCKING GRINCH.
If John had turned up in S3 looking like this tho
swaggity swag let’s shag
Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
John, your inner Cumber-fanboy is showing.
【JAPAN Magazine】Cut (カット) 2013年 06月号 [雑誌]
Photographs by 玉川竜(Ryu Tamagawa)
Cut (カット) 2013年 06月号 [雑誌] http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CLVEUKM/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_lWYLrb16A7VVQ
OH. MY. SMOKING. CUMBERBATCH. GODS.
Benedict, you are the real. Also, Simon you are a fantastically evil bastard.
On why he would marry Spock (Fuck/Marry/Kill game) x